Looking for something to do this weekend? Well, look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in Borderstan August 17th, 18th and 19th.
Local Events and Exhibits
- OPENkitch’n: The culture crawl along central 14th Street NW will take place on Saturday, August 18. Participants will get a taste of food, art, music and culture in the neighborhood. For more information, see our full post or buy tickets online.
- DC MEETMarket: DC’s MeetMarket returns to Logan Circle on Saturday, August 18 with a French Pop DJ and a Honky Tonk Band. The monthly event runs from 11 am until 5 pm on the corner of 15th & P NW (in the St. Luke’s Church parking lot) through November 17th. The MEETMarket features the best of local independent art, food, music and fashion.
- Doggie Ice Cream Social and Adoption Event: On Saturday, August 18, come check-out the Washington Humane Society’s adoptable pups from 10 am until noon at the Shaw Dog Park. There will be treats for the four-legged friends, and proceeds from ice cream sales will benefit the Humane Society. For more information, visit the event’s Facebook page.
- Washington Walks in Logan Circle: Few DC neighborhoods have witnessed the dramatic change and breathtaking renaissance of Logan Circle, the city’s only unaltered Victorian residential district. Join a historic tour, led by Tim Christensen, president of the Logan Circle Community Association on Saturday, August 18 at 11 am for a tour of the emerging and historic neighborhood. The tour is $15 per person. For more information, visit www.washingtonwalks.com.
- 7th Annual Yoga in the Park: On August 19th, join Bikram Yoga Dupont at 6:30 pm in Meridian Hill Park for free yoga – All are welcome!
Bar and Nightlife Events
- Bad Prom 3.0 With Special Guest Birthday Girl Laura Bassett: Remember your prom? No matter what, chances are, it was bad. Make it up to yourself with Bad Prom 3.0 at The Looking Glass Lounge on Thursday, August 9 at 10 pm.
- Guil-Tea: Enjoy the music equivalent of fresh peaches soaked in vodka… Guil-Tea w/ DJ Shea Van Horn is at Nellie’s.
- Play it Cool at MOVA: No cover, drink specials and DJ music. 9 pm until 2 am – Visit the Facebook page for more information.
DC9 (1940 9th Street NW)
- Saturday, August 18: Pokey LaFarge and the South City Three, 7:30 pm.
- Sunday, August 19: Turning Violet Vioet, The Sky Drops, 8 pm.
Velvet Lounge (915 U Street NW)
- Saturday, August 18: Ravenous, Fire and the Wheel, Dave Mann the Bee-Sides, Spades, 8:30 pm.
- Sunday, August 19: Golden Bloom, The Grownup Noise, Timmy Williams, 7:30 pm.
9:30 Club (815 V Street NW)
- Friday, August 17 and Saturday, August 18: The Dirty Projectors and Wye Oak, 8 pm.
Black Cat (1811 14th Street NW)
- Saturday, August 18: Roger Ramone, 9:30 pm.
- Sunday, August 19: Joyce Manor, 8 pm.
The Howard Theatre (620 T Street NW)
- Saturday, August 18: Tony Woods, Eddie Bryant & Familiar Faces Tasha T, 8 pm.
- Sunday, August 19: Sunday Gospel Brunch featuring the Harlem Gospel Choir, 1:30 pm.