Looking for something to do this weekend? Well, look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in Borderstan August 24th, 25th and 26th.
Local Events, Exhibits and Nightlife
- Mojitos and Music: Friday, August 24 is $8 mojitos all night with DK Jackie O at MOVA Lounge (2204 14th Street NW). Saturday, August 25, celebrate the weekend with $5 Bellini specials and Rizzy’s birthday.I’ll Never Let Go, Jack: The National Geographic Museum announced the extension of its Titanic exhibition until September 9, due to popular demand. “Titanic: 100 Year Obsession” covers the history of the ship and its conservation efforts by National Geographic Explorers-in-Residence, Robert Ballard and director, James Cameron.
- Parent’s Night Out: Friday, August 24 is a night off for parents, thanks to Jack Jacobson. Ladies are invited to to Salon Rouge (1636 17th Street NW) Friday, August 24, from 7:30 until 10 pm for a blowout, drinks and appetizers (the cost is just a $25 contribution to Jack Jacobson) and the men are invited to Stoney’s (1433 P Street NW) from 5 until 8 pm for happy hour. More information is available on www.jackjacobsondc.com.
- All’s Well When It’s Free: It’s time for The Shakespeare Theatre Company’s annual Free For All event. From August 23 through September 5, the Theatre will show free performances of “All’s Well That Ends Well.” Visit the website for more information on tickets and times.
- Calling Special Agent Galactica: This Friday, August 24 at Black Fox Lounge (1723 Connecticut Avenue NW) from 6 until 9 pm.
- Pool Party at the Capitol Skyline Motel: Saturday, August 25 from 11:30 am until 7 pm; join a pool party and food truck event with music, water and lounge chairs at 10 I (eye) Street SW.
DC9 (1940 9th Street NW)
- Saturday, August 25: Cheyne Record Release Party, 9 pm.
- Sunday, August 26: Jack Grisham’s Lost Soul featuring the music of T.S.O.L. and The Joykiller, 8 pm.
Velvet Lounge (915 U Street NW)
- Saturday, August 25: Kingpin Soundsystem, no time listed.
- Sunday, August 26: Humble Fire, Humble Fire, Machine Gun Mustache, All The Best Kids, 7:30 pm.
9:30 Club (815 V Street NW)
- Saturday, August 25: JunkFood, Evick, Getaway Car w/ Hot Buttered Elvis, 7 pm.
- Sunday, August 26: Fatback presents Hot Pants dance party, 9 pm.
Black Cat (1811 14th Street NW)
- Friday, August 24: Elikeh Album Release, 9 pm.
- Saturday, August 25: End of Summer Eighties Dance Party, 9 pm.
- Sunday, August 26: Coup Sauvage and the Snips, 8 pm.
The Howard Theatre (620 T Street NW)
- Saturday, August 25: Bobby Keys and the Suffering Bastards, 8 pm.
- Sunday, August 26: Sunday Gospel Brunch, featuring the Harlem Gospel Choir, 1:30 pm.