Organizers of the 17th Street Festival on September 22 are looking for fun, friendly, hard-working people to spend the day volunteering at the third annual festival.
Volunteers are needed in many areas, including: assist vendors & artists, help out in Kids Zone, sell merchandise, keep the festival & surrounding area clean and green, and ensure a safe and secure environment. Organizers say hey “welcome groups and singles of any age and will find a “job” that fits your personality & abilities. T-shirts & food and a great time provided!”
- What: 3rd Annual 17th Street Festival
- When: Saturday, September 22, noon to 6 pm
- Where: The 17th Street corridor from Riggs Place to P Street NW
- Who: Over 10,000-plus participants, spectators and volunteers
- Why: Proceeds beneﬁt the Urban Neighborhood Alliance, 501(c) (3), which brings businesses and residents together to develop innovative solutions to community challenges. UNA seeks to create a livable and prosperous neighborhood by working to aﬀect positive change in our dynamic downtown environment in which we have chosen to live. All money raised for the festival stays on 17th Street.