The Italians are coming. Among the many restaurants due to open on 14th Street NW, at least eight of them have an Italian-based cuisine and two of them will bring Mediterranean flavor to the area. A mid-afternoon stroll along 14th from south of Rhode Island Avenue north to Florida Avenue shows not only how the corridor is changing, but also how many of these new restaurants are preparing their spaces.
The 14th Street corridor has become a hub of fine dining and it’s about to become a lot more Italianno.
Here a list of where we hope to be eating in the coming months. Many of them are still under construction and with no official name or opening date.
- 1401 14th Street, a rustic Italian place from the hands of Med Lahlou.
- 1541 14th Street , Tad Curtz of Standard BBQ is getting ready to go Italian.
- 1610 14th Street, where HR57 used to be, Chef Ari Gejdenson will bring three floors of Italian cuisine.
- 1634 14th Street, M Cafe & Bar by Sette Osteria, Iraklis Karabassis.
- 1832 14th Street, Edan MacQuaid’s wood-fired oven pizzeria.
- 1901 14th Street, Matchbox will be joining the Italian-hungry crowd in the area.
- 2201 14th Street, Mike Isabella will have a G spot in the area with Italian style as well.
- 2208 14th Street, Piola, the international food chain will opens its doors.
One Italian restaurant already on the strip is Posto at 1515 14th Street NW. The Mediterranean flavor will be brought to the corridor by Barcelona Wine at 1622 14th Street and Kapnos by Mike Isabella at 2201 14th Street.