Well folks, it’s finally fall (and almost October), which means (as our Borderstan beer guru will tell you) it’s time for Oktoberfest. Yes, Oktoberfest — that annual, German-born, month-long celebration of beer.
And this year, there’s no need to catch a flight to Munich to participate in the festivities, because Oktoberfest will be celebrated in Dupont Circle.
Starting this weekend (September 22), Bar Dupont (1500 New Hampshire Avenue NW) will host an Oktoberfest party on its patio (turned Biergarten), with live polka music, Oktoberfest-style draft brews and hearty German food. The beer will even be served in steins and pitchers to make the whole experience feel authentic, and well, more German.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Paulaner Hefeweizen
- Paulaner Oktoberfest
- Paulaner Pilsner
- Sam Adams Octoberfest
Traditional German Fare
- Wurst/Sausage with Bun
- Wurst/Sausage with Sauerkraut and German Potato Salad
- Raclette with Baby Potatoes and Pickles
- Pretzel with Mustard
- Gingerbread Heart
- Saturday, September 22: Live polka music starting at noon
- Sunday, September 23: Polka Brothers Band from 2 until 7 pm
- Thursday, September 27: The Continentals from 6 until 9 pm
- Friday, September 28: Liab und Schneid from 6 until 10 pm
The Bar Dupont Biergarten will open daily from noon until closing; food will be prepared on the patio on the grill during the weekends, and served from the kitchen on weekdays. For more information, visit the website.