Check the listings below for full details about performances at six neighborhood theaters.
Howard Theatre, 620 T Street NW
- Saturday, September 22: Leon Russell.
- Sunday, September 23: “Sunday Gospel Brunch featuring The Harlem Gospel Choir.
- Check the calendar for more shows.
Keegan Theatre at Church Street, 1742 Church Street NW
- A Couple Of Blaguards opens September 21 and runs through October 14; “Blaguards follows the trials of the young McCourts from their childhood in poverty-stricken Limerick through their journey to Brooklyn, New York, where the young men learned to apply the day-to-day lessons from their hardscrabble Irish past to their new lives in America. A story of immigration, triumph over hardship, and the love among family, A Couple of Blaguards is a delightful and heartwarming introduction to the McCourts beloved storytelling.” (Keegan Theatre)
Lincoln Theatre at 1215 U Street NW
- View the schedule and purchase tickets online.
Source at 1835 14th Street NW
- Check the website for upcoming events.
Studio Theatre at 1501 14th Street NW
- Invisible Man plays through October 14; “This savage, hypnotic, and impassioned adaptation of Ralph Ellison’s 1952 masterpiece explores bigotry and its effects on the minds of both victims and perpetrators.” (Studio Theater)
Theater J at 1529 16th Street NW
- Body Awareness runs through September 23; “A touching comedy from the Obie Award-winning author of Circle Mirror Transformation. It’s Body Awareness Week at Shirley College, and the non-traditional Vermont family members Phyllis, Joyce and their possibly autistic son Jared are rocked by a visiting photographer and his ‘male gaze.’ As sexuality, identity, role modeling and political-correctness get stirred up, the results are both touching and hilarious.” (Theater J)