Organic food, healthy lifestyle demonstrations and all-things sustainable will take over the Washington Convention Center this weekend for DC’s eighth annual Green Festival.
Here are some highlights of the Green Festival:
- Bike Valet: Arrive in style (on two wheels), park with the valet and receive free admission to the event.
- Good Food Stage: Be sure to stop by the Good Food Stage at the festival for some hands-on cooking demonstrations and workshops by local DC chefs.
- Yoga Pavilion: Feeling a little tense? Stop by the Yoga Pavilion for a few classes and demonstrations. Namaste.
- Speakers and Panels: Check the weekend’s schedule for panels, speakers and other demonstrations.
- DIY Workshops: Local experts that teach participants a variety of skills to take home.
- Green Kids Zone: The family-friendly festival includes a kids zone for the little ones that includes everything from eco-crafts to yoga, story time, trivia and more.
- Green Pet Stage: Experts offer training tips and care methods for our pets.
- Eco-Fashion Show: The fashion showcase will highlight the latest and greatest in sustainable clothing.
The festival runs from 10 am until 7 pm on Saturday, September 29, and from 11 am until 6 pm on Sunday, September 30. The Washington Convention Center is located at 801 Mount Vernon Place NW.
For more information on the Green Festival, visit the event’s website.