Check the listings below for full details about performances at six neighborhood theaters.
Howard Theatre, 620 T Street NW
- Friday, October 5: Gianmarco
- Saturday, October 06: Mint Condition
- Sunday, September 23: “Sunday Gospel Brunch featuring The Harlem Gospel Choir.
- Check the calendar for more shows.
Keegan Theatre at Church Street, 1742 Church Street NW
- A Couple Of Blaguards opens September 21 and runs through October 14; “Blaguards follows the trials of the young McCourts from their childhood in poverty-stricken Limerick through their journey to Brooklyn, New York, where the young men learned to apply the day-to-day lessons from their hardscrabble Irish past to their new lives in America. A story of immigration, triumph over hardship, and the love among family, A Couple of Blaguards is a delightful and heartwarming introduction to the McCourts beloved storytelling.” (Keegan Theatre)
Lincoln Theatre at 1215 U Street NW
- View the schedule and purchase tickets online.
Source at 1835 14th Street NW
- Check the website for upcoming events.
Studio Theatre at 1501 14th Street NW
- Invisible Man plays through October 14; “This savage, hypnotic, and impassioned adaptation of Ralph Ellison’s 1952 masterpiece explores bigotry and its effects on the minds of both victims and perpetrators.” (Studio Theater)
Theater J at 1529 16th Street NW
- Our Class runs October 10 through November 4: “Starting in 1926 and spanning 80 years, moving between Poland and America, this epic play has profoundly affected audiences and critics since its premiere at London’s National Theatre. As ten Polish classmates – five Catholic, five Jewish – grow up, their lives take dramatically unexpected turns as their country is torn apart by invading armies, first Soviet, then German, then Soviet again. Friend betrays friend and violence quickly escalates, reaching a crescendo that will forever haunt the survivors.” (Theater J)