The November 6 election is two weeks away, and while the nation’s eyes are on the presidential election, the nation’s capital is gearing up for several local elections.
If you’re a DC resident, here’s what will appear on your ballot this year:
- Electors of President and Vice President of the United States
- Delegate to the U.S. House of Representatives
- At-Large Member of the Council of the District of Columbia (two to be elected)
- Ward 2, 4, 7 and 8 Members of the Council of the District of Columbia
- At-Large Member of the State Board of Education
- Ward 2, 4, 7 and 8 Members of the State Board of Education
- United States Senator (“Shaddow” Senator)
- United States Representative (“Shaddow Reprsentative)
- Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner (296 to be elected citywide)
- Three proposed charter amendments
For those who may be out of town on election day, early voting began at One Judiciary Square (441 4th Street NW) on Monday, October 22 and will continue to Saturday, October 27. Hours of early voting are from 8:30 am until 7 pm. Beginning on Saturday, October 27, voters will be able to cast ballots at their choice of eight satellite locations (one in each Ward):
- Columbia Heights Community Center, 1480 Girard Street NW
- Takoma Community Center, 300 Van Buren Street NW
- Chevy Chase Community Center, 5601 Connecticut Avenue NW
- Turkey Thicket Recreation Center, 1100 Michigan Avenue NE
- King Greenleaf Recreation Center, 201 N Street SW
- Dorothy Height/Benning Library, 3935 Benning Road NE
- Southeast Tennis and Learning Center, 701 Mississippi Avenue SE
For more information on voting, visit the DC Board of Elections and Ethics.
Local ANC 1B-12 Candidate Meet and Greets
Here at Borderstan.com, we’ve introduced you to the local ANC candidates. Several of these candidates have participated in candidate forums, but a few candidates are hosting individual Meet and Greet sessions.
- ANC 1B-12 candidate, John Green, will host a meet and greet session on Friday, October 26 at Ulah Bistro (1214 U Street NW) from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. At-Large Candidate for D.C. Council, David Grosso,will also attend. For more information, visit John Green’s website.
- ANC 1B-12 candidate, Zahra Jilani, will host a meet and greet on Sunday, October 28 from 2 to 3:30 pm at 1346 Wallach Place NW. For more information, view her online flier.
- ANC 1B-12 candidate, Erling Bailey, will host a meet and greet on Sunday, October 28 from 1 until 2:30 pm at 1335 T Street NW. For more information, visit Bailey’s website.