Need election information for Election Day 2012 in DC: What are the polling place hours? Where do I vote? Can I register to vote on election day?
- Poll Hours: The polls in D.C. open at 7 am and close at 8 pm.
- Finding Your Polling Place: Don’t know where you vote? Go to the DC Board of Elections and Ethics (DCBOEE) Polling Place Locator, put in your home address and get your polling place information. Precinct locations for the Dupont-Logan-U Street area also listed below. You can also check the DOBOEE maps with precincts for Ward 1 (U Street area) and Ward 2 (Dupont-Logan).
- Same-Day Voter Registration: If you are not registered to vote, you can register and vote on Tuesday. Here is what you need to bring to your polling place on Tuesday — if you are not already registered — according to BOEE: “To register to vote during early voting or on Election Day, you must bring a driver’s license, bank statement, utility bill, government check or paycheck, or other government document showing your current name and address and cast a special ballot subject to verification by the Board.”
- Check Your Voting Registration Status: DCBOEE has a page on its website where you can check your registration.
- Who/What Am I Voting for Tuesday: The DCBOEE has a list of all offices on the ballot on November 6, including sample ballots by Ward. Check out the Voter Guide.
Voting Precincts and Locatons in Dupont-Logan-U Street
DCBOEE has Ward maps with precinct boundaries; local precincts are in Wards 1 and 2. Here are 14 selected precincts in the Dupont-Logan-U Street area. Remember if you are not sure, check this page on the DCBOEE for election information.
- 4 – West End Public Library, 1101 24th Street NW
- 13 – Our Lady of the Americas, 2200 California Avenue NW
- 14 – St. Thomas Episcopal Church Parish, 1772 Church Street NW
- 15 – Foundry United Methodist Church, 1500 16th Street NW
- 16 – Fifteenth Street Presbyterian Church, 1701 15th Street NW
- 17 – Metropolitan AME Church, Douglas Hall, 1518 M Street NW
- 18 – Kennedy Recreation Center, 1407 7th Street NW
- 21 – Watha T. Daniel-Shaw Community Library, 1630 7th Street NW
- 129 – Martin Luther King Library, 901 G Street NW
U Street Area
- 22 – Garnet-Patterson Jr. High School, 2001 10th Street NW
- 23 – Rita Bright Community Center, Gymnasium, 2500 14th Street NW
- 24 – Marie Reed Learning Center, 2200 Champlain Street NW
- 137 – Garrison Elementary School, 1200 S Street NW
- 141 – Frank D. Reeves Municipal Center, 2000 14th Street NW