After this election, we will all need a good drink, and luckily Borderstan has you covered. Check out these bars and drink specials in and around the neighborhood.
Where to Go on Election Night in the Neighborhood
- Election Drink and Dinner Specials at Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe, 1517 Connecticut Avenue NW. Start with “The Split Ticket,” which includes Obama Family Chili & Mitt’s Birthday Favorite Meat Loaf Cake. Then grab a drink: pick up a Red State: with Wolf Blass Brut champagne, Sorbetto Strawberry liqueur and strawberry purée; or a Blue State: Wolf Blass Brut champagne, Broker’s gin, blue curacao; simple syrup, and lemon juice.
- Human Rights Campaign at Eatonville, 2121 14th Street NW. Head over to Eatonville where the Human Rights Campaign will have a watch party to support LGBT and allied political candidates. A $5 to $10 donation gets you a thank-you gift, in addition to a cash bar access and food available for purchase. RSVP at the HRC Facebook Page.
- All Night Happy Hour Menu at Policy, 904 14th Street NW. The fun begins at 5 pm when Policy offers their happy hour menu for the rest of the night, with $5 food and drinks and special election-themed cocktails. As part of this Policy Media Room event they’ll also be showing the CNN election coverage on three TVs–most importantly, with sound. Wolf Blitzer drinking game, anyone?
- Open Bar Rules at Local 16, 1602 U Street NW. Head to Local 16 to check out live coverage of the 2012 Presidential Election and lay down an Andrew Jackson ($20) for the open bar from 8 until 11 pm. Drown your sorrows or your joys after the announcement of the winning candidate with D.J. OMG. Tickets can be purchased in advance.
- Eat, Drink and Listen at Busboys and Poets, 2021 14th Street NW. Head to any Busboys and Poets location to watch the election coverage on their big screen TVs, where they’ll have the coverage commentary on throughout the restaurant.
- Free Drinks and Food at Darlington House, 1610 20th Street NW. It’s an election night party from 7 until 8 pm at Darlington House with complimentary cocktails and bar food.
- Live Coverage and an Open Bar at Tropicalia, 2001 14th Street NW. Tropicalia will show election coverage on two projector screens and have a $20 open bar from 8 until 11 pm. Tickets are available for purchase online.
- Music and Politics at Cobalt, 1639 R Street NW. D.J. Jason Royce will be on-hand to pump up an election results-crazed crowd. See details on the event’s Facebook page.
Election Night Specials Just Outside the Neighborhood
- The Blaguard, 2003 18th Street NW. On Tuesday you can snark it up The Blaguard where a tall boy and rye is just $6.
- Mellow Mushroom, 2436 18th Street NW. Head to Mellow Mushroom in Adams Morgan to predict which candidate the swing states will vote for, and you just might win a $50 bar tab. In addition to trivia starting at 8 pm, you and three friends can check in on Facebook to get a free pitcher of beer.
- A 13-Hour Happy Hour at Capitol City Brewing Company, 1100 New York Avenue NW. Capitol City Brewing will host an all-day happy hour with happy hour priced appetizers and drinks.