Looking for something to do this weekend? Well, look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan November 2, 3 and 4.
Local Events, Exhibits and Nightlife
- The First DC Beerathon: The first DC Beerathon is Saturday, November 10 at 26 different bars and restaurants throughout Northwest DC. Tickets are $65 (this includes access to the 26 bars – several in the neighborhood, including El Centro D.F., James Hoban’s, Nellie’s and The Reef) and can be purchased online.
- U Street Holiday Cooking Class: On Saturday, November 10, Smith Center for Healing and the Arts will offer a holiday cooking class that focuses on healthy, nutritious foods to share with the family throughout the season. The hands-on workshop, titled “Everyday Delicious Healthy Meals: Holiday Entertaining” with Juliette G. Tahar, will take place from 10 am until noon. The cost is $30 per person; participants can register online.
- PULP’s 10th Birthday Celebration: DC’s most beloved gift (and everything) store, PULP, is celebrating it’s 10th birthday. Stop by he store (1803 14th Street NW) for discounts and deals this weekend.
- MIXTAPE at Black Cat: Shea Van Horn and Matt Bailer will start the dance party on Saturday, November 10 at 9:30 pm at the Black Cat (1811 14th Street NW). For more information, visit the Facebook page.
- Turn It Up! at MOVA DC: On Saturday, November 10, MOVA resident D.J. Baronhawk Poitier will play Hip-Hop and R&B, starting at 11 pm, at the lounge’s 14th Street location. For more information, visit the Facebook page.
- DC Jazz Jam at Dahlak: This Sunday, November 11 from 6:30 until 9:30 pm, come out and hear live jazz at 1771 U Street NW. There is no cover charge for the live music event.
- The 14th and U Street Farmers Market: It’s the last two weeks of the 14th and U Street Farmers Market. Swing by and pickup seasonal produce like squash, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, Brussels sprouts and more. The market will be open on Saturday, November 10 from 10 am until 1 pm.
- Make a Video for a Vet: On Friday, November 9, AT&T invites the public to stop by its Farragut North store location (1050 Connecticut Avenue NW) to record video messages for veterans, thanking them for their hard work and sacrifices. The messages will then be uploaded to an AT&T YouTube site) and sent to veterans, just in time for Veterans Day (Monday, November 12).
- Sunday Brunch at Maddy’s Taproom: Starting this Sunday, November 11 at 11 am, Maddy’s Taproom will be offering brunch from 11 am until 2 pm. The menu includes bottomless mimosas and its signature “Texican” style fare. Huevos rancheros and a Bloody Mary, any one?
- DC MEETMarket: The DC MEETMarket is this Saturday, November 10 from 11 am until 5 pm on the corner of 15th and P Streets NW. Self-described as a community market “where culture and neighbors collide,” DC MEETMarket meets on the third Saturday of every month at the same location.
DC9 (1940 9th Street NW)
- Saturday, November 10: Bonjour, Ganesh!, Jaggery, Sattro and Friends, The NRIs, 8:30 pm
- Sunday, November 11: The Cataracs: Roll The Dice Tour with special guest Maluca and Dj Enferno, 8 pm
Velvet Lounge (915 U Street NW)
- Friday, November 9: Two Man Advantage, Daycare Swindlers, Supreme Commander, Walk the Plank, 9 pm
- Saturday, November 10: The Gray Area, Sensual Harassment, Technicians+ (no time listed)
9:30 Club (815 V Street NW)
- Saturday, November 10: BLOWOFF featuring the DJ Sounds of Bob Mould & Richard Morel, 11:30 pm
Black Cat (1811 14th Street NW)
- Friday, November 9: The Asteroids Galaxy Tour, MillionYoung, 9 pm
- Sunday, November 11: Pinback, 8 pm
- Saturday, November 10: David Choi + Clara C, 7 pm
- Sunday, November 11: Sunday Gospel Brunch with the Harlem Gospel Choir, 1:30 pm