DC has really come a long way when it comes to food. High cuisine and the city’s nightlife scene has planted its roots and continues to grow. Proof of that is in the number of nominees participating in the Eater Awards DC 2012.
Eater readers voted to narrow the field to a final three nominees in each category. From that final three, the Eater editorial team chose the winner. Among many of the nominees and winners, there are plenty of well-known establishments, a number of which are in the Borderstan area.
- Little Serow on 17th Street NW, was nominated for Restaurant of the Year.
- Johnny Monis of Komi, on P Street NW was the winner of Chef of the Year.
- Little Serow, Tacos El Chilango and Izakaya Seki were all nominated for So Hot Right Now.
- Jack Caminos from the Brixton was nominated as Bartender of the Year.
- Estadio was nominated as Stone Cold Stunner.
- Sweetgreen took the winner as Empire Builder of the Year.
If you live in the neighborhood do not miss on the excellent options, just outside your door.