Proposed plans for a Parcel 42, a plot of land in Shaw at 7th Street NW and Rhode Island Avenue NW and a rectangular lot at 7th and R Street, were revealed Wednesday night at a DC Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED) meeting.
Six bidders met the qualifications of the previously solicited Request for Expressions of Interest (RFEI). Urban Turf lists the details of the six proposed projects.
The proposed projects for Parcel 42 include:
- 105-unit residential building with retail
- 102-room hotel, 22 affordable units and 74-space underground parking
- 50-unit apartment building with community garden and 60 underground parking spaces
- 100-unit residential project with retail, community garden and live-work spaces
- 81-unit or a 99-unit project with a Yes! Organic Market
- 96-unit residential project with two levels of retail, rooftop garden and a public courtyard
DMPED will select the winning development among the list in the next few months. Community members are also encouraged to give feedback; the local ANC will meet on Dec. 5 to assess the plans for the 17,000-square-foot plot of space.