Enjoy the neighborhood and the fall weather after Thanksgiving day by walking around and visiting all of the local art galleries in Borderstan. Get listings and details for all 13 galleries below.
- “Of The People” closes Friday, November 23 at Contemporary Wing.
- “2012 Year-End Group Show” runs through December 24 at gallery plan b.
- “Felipe Pereira Goncalves: Magic, at Transformer.
Adamson Gallery at 1515 14th Street NW
- Gallery Hours: Tuesday through Friday, 11:30 am to 5 pm; Saturday, noon to 5 pm.
Ann Loeb Bronfman Gallery, DC Jewish Community Center, 1529 16th Street NW
- “Sukkat Shalom/Tabernacle of Peace,” by sculptor Dalya Luttwak.
- Gallery Hours: Sunday through Thursday, 10 am to 10 pm; Friday, 10 am to 4 pm.
Contemporary Wing at 1412 14th Street NW
- “Of The People” runs through November 23. Elizabeth Catlett, Renée Cox, Shepard Fairey, Guerrilla Girls, Ralf Schmerberg, Bruce High Quality Foundation, Kareem Gouda “Dokhan”, El Teneen. “In conjunction with the November Presidential election, Contemporary Wing in DC will host, Of the People, an exhibition by contemporary artists whose work is activist or political so we can provide a forum for artistic expression just blocks away from the White House and the National Mall. For Of the People, Contemporary Wing asks invited artists to create a new work or works that respond to “the state of world democracy in November 2012.” (Contemporary Wing). It is an off-site show at 1250 9th Street NW (9th and N).
- Gallery Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 11 am to 6 pm.
Curator’s Office at 1515 14th Street NW
- “Cliff Evans: Drones in the Garden” opens November 10 and runs through December 15.
- Gallery Hours: Wednesday through Saturday, noon to 6 pm.
doris-mae at 1716 14th Street NW, 2nd Floor
- “Works by Mike Dowley and Tariq Tucker,” opens December 1 and runs through January 5.
- Gallery Hours: Call for an appointment; gallery staff is in the building Monday through Friday during business hours.
Gallery plan b at 1530 14th Street NW
- “2012 Year-End Group Show” runs through December 24.
- Gallery Hours: Wednesday through Saturday, noon to 7 pm; Sunday, 1 to 5 pm.
Hamiltonian Gallery at 1353 U Street NW
- “Current Recorder” by artist Billy Friebele closes December 29.
- Gallery Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, noon to 6 pm.
Hemphill at 1515 14th Street NW
- “Linling Lu: Lilac” opens November 10 runs through December 22.
- Gallery Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm, or by appointment.
Hillyer Art Space at 9 Hillyer Court NW
- Christina King’s “Cutting People In” and Daniela Mastrangelo, Italian photographer.
- Gallery Hours: Tuesday through Friday noon to 6 pm; Saturday and Monday, noon to 5 pm; and by appointment.
Joan Hisaoka Healing Arts Gallery at 1632 U Street NW
- “Crime & Redemption Theatre” runs November 9 through December 20.
- Gallery Hours: Wednesday through Friday, 11 am to 5 pm; Saturday, 11 am to 3 pm; and by appointment.
Long View Gallery at 1234 9th Street NW
- “Color Schooled” runs through December 31.
- Gallery Hours: Wednesday through Saturday, 11 am to 6 pm; Sunday, noon to 5 pm.
Project 4 Gallery at 1353 U Street NW
- “Clove by Katherine Tzu-Lan Mann” runs through December 15.
Gallery Hours: Wednesday through Saturday, noon to 6 pm.
Transformer Gallery at 1404 P Street NW
- “Felipe Pereira Goncalves: Magic, November 17 through December 8.
- Gallery Hours: Check the website for upcoming events.