If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, then look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan November 30 and December 1 and 2.
Local Events, Exhibits and Nightlife
- The Annual Logan Circle Holiday House Tour: The Logan Circle Community Association (LCCA) will host its 34th Annual Holiday House Tour on Sunday, December 2 from 1 to 5 pm. The tour will take participants to some of the neighborhoods most beautifully decorated homes and will conclude with a Wassail Reception at Studio Theatre. Tickets are $25 in advance and are available online.
- Howard Theatre Oral History Day: The Howard Theatre Oral History Project will take place on Saturday, December 15 from 10 am to 2 pm at 620 T Street NW. The Oral History Project, which documents the history of the neighborhood, is a long term initiative that will become a part of the exhibition to be installed at the soon to be built Howard Theatre Education and Cultural Center annexed to the Howard Theatre.
- “The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart” Presented by Shakespeare Theatre Company: The performance of “The Strange Undoing of Prudencia Hart” is running now through December 9 at Bier Baron Tavern (1532 22nd Street NW). For ticket information, view the event details on Pink Line Project.
- DJ Matt Bailer Goes to TOWN: On Saturday, December 1, DJ Matt Bailer will play at TOWN, starting at 11 pm. For more information, visit the Facebook page.
- Holiday Send-Off For OLD CITY green: OLD CITY green is inviting neighbors to a Holiday Send-Off party on Sunday, December 2 at 6 pm, complete with Christmas trees, a roaring fire and live music. There will also be Thanksgiving-style food on the grill and beverages to cheer, including the greenhouse’s famous root herb hot toddies. Tickets to the party are $20 and are available online.
- Breakfast Club Remix at The Duplex Diner: The Breakfast Club Remix Dance Party is on again at The Duplex Diner, this Friday, November 30, from 9 pm to 2 am. Travel back in time and enjoy all that ’80s music with this Dance Party.
- Ross Tree Sales Starts, Along with Book and Bake Sale: On Saturday, December 1, Ross Elementary School will hold its annual holiday tree sale, bake sale, open house and book fair. The one-stop holiday fundraiser starts at 10 am at the school (1730 R Street NW).
- World AIDS Vigils: At 5 pm on Saturday, Whitman-Walker Health will host its annual candlelight vigil in Dupont Circle. The clinic’s mobile testing unit will also be on-site to provide free HIV testing. Just down the road, the Lincoln Congregational Temple will hold its candlelight vigil (also on Saturday, Dec. 1) at 7 pm on the front steps of the church, located at 1701 R Street NW.
DC9 (1940 9th Street NW)
- Friday, November 30: Liberation Dance Party, 9 pm
- Sunday, December 2: Richard Buckner, June Star, 8 pm
Velvet Lounge (915 U Street NW)
- Friday, November 30: Elena and Los Fulanos, MIWA Gemini, Linsay Deming, 9:30 pm
- Saturday, December 1: Kohoutek, Junzo Suzuki, Smoke Green, 9 pm
9:30 Club (815 V Street NW)
- Friday, November 30: Dark Star Orchestra, 8 pm
- Saturday, December 1: Dark Star Orchestra (second night), 8 pm
- Sunday, December 2: The Gaslight Anthem, 7 pm
Black Cat (1811 14th Street NW)
- Friday, November 30: Tanlines, Supreme Cuts, Alex Minoff, 9 pm
- Saturday, December 1: White Rabbits, Guards, 9 pm
- Friday, November 30: Leela James with Deborah Bond, 8 pm
- Sunday, December 2: Sunday Gospel Brunch with the Harlem Gospel Choir, 1:30 pm
- Sunday, December 2: A Drag X-Mas Salute to the Divas, 8 pm
- Friday, November 30: Live music with Tosin Beats, 9 pm