Borderstan, it’s time to lace up your racing shoes (and pull-out your best santa costume, if you feel so inclined).
The 9th Annual Pacers Jingle All the Way 8K and Kid’s Dash is Sunday, December 9, and this year’s race benefits Habitat for Humanity for DC and its efforts to build affordable housing in the District.
The race begins at 9 am at Freedom Plaza/Pennsylvania Avenue. Registration is $35 and is available online.
On race day (12/9), the following streets will be closed from 4:00 am to 12:00 pm:
* East on Pennsylvania Avenue NW to Constitution Avenue NW
* East on Constitution Avenue NW to Louisiana Avenue NW
* Northeast on Louisiana Avenue NW to D Street NW
* East on D Street NW to Delaware Avenue NE
* North on First Street NE to Columbus Circle NE
* U-Turn at Columbus Circle NE
* South on First Street NE to parking lot
* U-Turn at the parking lot
* North on First Street NE to D Street NE
* West on D Street to 3rd Street NW
* South on 3rd Street NW to Independence Avenue SW
* East on Independence Avenue SW to Washington Avenue SW
* Southeast on Washington Avenue SW to 2nd Street SW
* South on 2nd Street SW to E Street SW
* West on E Street SW to 3rd Street SW
* North on 3rd Street SW to Independence Avenue SW
* West on Independence Avenue SW to 7th Street SW
* U-Turn prior to 7th Street SW
* East on Independence Avenue SW to 3rd Street SW
* North on 3rd Street NW to Pennsylvania Avenue NW
* West on Pennsylvania Avenue NW to 12th Street NW where they will disband
Due to the heavy pedestrian crowds associated with these events, motorists are encouraged to exercise caution when traveling in these areas. In addition, those wishing to attend these events are encouraged to use public transportation.
For more information, visit the Pacers website.