Local Events, Exhibits and Nightlife
- Pacers’ Jingle all the Way 8K: The 9th Annual Pacers Jingle All the Way 8K and Kid’s Dash is Sunday, December 9, and this year’s race benefits Habitat for Humanity for DC and its efforts to build affordable housing in the District. The race begins at 9 am at Freedom Plaza/Pennsylvania Avenue. Registration is $35 and is available online.
- Candlelight Tours and Carols at Dupont’s Heurich House: The Heurich House Museum (1307 New Hampshire Avenue NW) is offering candlelight tours this weekend, December 7-8. The mansion will be decorated in Victorian-era holiday style and will be open for the tours from 6 to 9 pm both evenings. Admission is $15 for adults and $5 for children.
- WHAAM SLAM at Busboys and Poets: On Friday, December 7, Busboys and Poets will hold a slam contest in honor of National Gallery of Art’s exhibit “Lichtenstein: A Retrospective.” The event is from 8 until 10 pm at 2021 14th Street NW.
- DC Metro Food Tours – Little Ethiopia: This weekend’s food tour will take a trip through the heart the Ethiopian enclave in the U Street and Shaw areas. On Saturday, December 8 from 10:30 am – 2:00 pm the tour will stop to sample foods from a variety of restaurants. More information is available online.
- MIXTAPE Holiday Party at Black Cat: MIXTAPE will play holiday tunes at Black Cat on Saturday, December 7 from 9:30 pm until 2:15 am. Tickets are $10. For more information, visit the website.
DC9 (1940 9th Street NW)
- Friday, December 7: Liberation Dance Party, 9 pm
- Saturday, December 8: Bad Domes, Mash-Up Dance Party, 10 pm
- Sunday, December 9: Teen Mom, Spirit of Danger, Golden Looks, Teenage Aviation, 8 pm
Velvet Lounge (915 U Street NW)
- Friday, December 7: Let on Vermont, Pluto and the Moon, 9 pm
- Saturday, December 8: Cobalt and the Hired Guns, Molehill, Mooks, Preston Hull, 9 pm
9:30 Club (815 V Street NW)
- Sunday, December 9: Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, 10 pm
Black Cat (1811 14th Street NW)
- Sunday, December 9: And I am Not Lying (A Night of Storytelling, Comedy, Burlesque, & Boylesque featuring storytellers from The Mothand This American Life), 8 pm
Howard Theatre (620 T Street NW)
- Saturday, December 8: Richard Marx, 8 pm
- Sunday, December 9: Sunday Gospel Brunch with the Harlem Gospel Choir, 1:30 pm
Tropicalia (2001 14th Street NW)
- Friday, December 7: SEE-I and the Epic 6-Piece Band, 9 pm