From Kent Barnes. Follow him on Twitter @KentBarnes, email him at kent[AT]borderstan.com.
If you have a sports fan on your holiday shopping list, don’t be stumped by what to get them. The Borderstan area offers plenty of options that are sure to please even the pickiest of athletes.
Top Picks for Gifts in the Neighborhood
Here are my top picks for gifts in the area:
- For the yogi in your life, head over to LuluLemon (1461 P Street NW) in Logan Circle where you’ll find a variety of yoga apparel and accessories. Normally I’m a strictly boxers kind of guy, but buy your man a pair of the Game On Boxer Briefs and I promise he won’t be disappointed.
- Shopping for a runner? Check out Pacers Running Store (1427 P Street) and let the store’s expert staff recommend the perfect pair of shoes. And don’t leave without picking up a DC themed running shirt to stuff in the stocking.
- With more DC residents than ever using bicycles to get around town, you might find yourself (or your gift recipient) in the market for some cycling equipment. Local bike shops District Hardware, Rollin Cycles, and The Bike Rack have a variety of bikes, helmets, accessories, and apparel to choose from.
- If your significant other would rather drink beer and watch sports than play them, gift cards are always a fine choice. Treat them to a few rounds at Touchdown or Nellies on U Street, or to Drafting Table’s new soccer brunch in Logan Circle.
- Finally, if you’re looking to spread a social message along with holiday cheer, the Human Rights Campaign has a store in Dupont Circle (1633 Connecticut Avenue NW) where you can buy training shirts and shorts, or a bicycle jersey.