The DC Department of Public Works (DPW) will observe Christmas and New Years Day this year. Both days will affect routine services. Below is the information directly from DPW, as well as information for leaf collection and holiday tree pick-up.
Trash and recycling pick-up
- For the weeks of December 24 and December 31, 2012, DPW will make its regular Monday trash and recycling collections and Tuesday’s collections will be suspended in both once-a-week and twice-a-week collection neighborhoods. Trash and recycling collections will resume Wednesday.
- In once-a-week neighborhoods, collections will slide one day, so Tuesday’s collections will be made Wednesday and so on through Saturday when Friday’s collections will be made.
- In twice-a-week collection neighborhoods, Monday and Thursday collections will follow their normal schedule.
- Tuesday and Friday collections will be made Wednesday and Saturday.
- DPW will not enforce parking meters, residential parking and rush hour lane restrictions Tuesday, December 25, and Tuesday, January 1.
- DPW will enforce parking regulations Monday, December 24 and December 31.
- Normal enforcement will resume Wednesday, December 26, and Wednesday, January 2.
- Between December 17 and 29, leaf collections will be made from most “Area B” neighborhoods, except December 25.
- In Ward 5, Area B is scheduled for collections to be made between December 24 and January 5.
Holiday tree collections:
- Holiday trees and wreaths will be picked up curbside from December 31 to January 12 to be recycled.