Hello Borderstan! We just want to take a minute to wish all of you a very happy holiday. Whether or not you celebrate Christmas, we hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful winter day with warm food and loved ones.
This time of year often has us counting our blessings and reflecting on all of the things for which we are grateful. Here at Borderstan, we are grateful for so many things. Here’s a list of things we are especially grateful for this time of year.
We are grateful for our neighborhood’s strong sense of community, and for those who work tirelessly to improve the area.
- Sunday: Shaw Dog Park Cleanup, Volunteers Needed
- The Second Annual Little Goblins Parade
- We Got Pics! The 26th Annual High Heel Race
- Mayor Gray Dines at Hank’s Oyster Bar, Shows Support for Restaurant
- A New Green Initiative for the 14th and U Corridor?
We are grateful for all of the wonderful restaurants that have recently opened, and we are grateful for the ones that will open soon after the New Year.
- A&D: Shaw’s Newest Neighborhood Bar
- Your New Hangout Place: A First Look at Drafting Table
- Pleasant Pops Opens at Florida and California NW
- The Story Behind Bakehouse, Coming Soon to 14th and T
- Food and Development: The Italians are Coming!
We are grateful for our amazing and talented local businesses, which bring unique products and personality to the neighborhood!
- 14 and U Farmers’ Market Joins MidCity Dog Days Celebration
- Gift Ideas: Give a Local Gift This Season
- 14th and U Becomes Go-To Place for Furniture, Home Décor
- 9th & Beats Opens This Week, An Art and Music Venue in Shaw
- Darryl Carter Will Open Design Store and Studio in Shaw
And most of all, we are grateful for all of you!
- Borderstan People: Khelan and Adam, Neighborhood D.J.s
- Borderstan People: Josh Kramer, Cartoonist and Journalist
- Borderstan People: Jay Newton-Small, Time Foreign Affairs Reporter
- Borderstan People: Jessica Zetzman of Border Springs Farms
Have fun doing what you are doing today – we’re sending big hugs your way.