It’s almost time to ring in the New Year!… But how? If you have yet to make plans for when the ball drops, there are plenty of ways to celebrate within the Borderstan borders. Here are just some ideas on what to do.
Where to Celebrate on New Year’s Eve in Borderstan
- ArtJamz Glitter Ball: ArtJamz is offering DC-ers a unique and creative way to celebrate the New Year with its Glitter Ball. The extravaganza features music, hors d’oeuvres, blank canvas and wall space for paintings and a midnight neon champagne toast with lots of – you guessed it – glitter. Tickets range from $60 to $70 and can be purchased online. The event will take place from 10 pm until 1 am at the ArtJamz Dupont Studio located at 1742 Connecticut Avenue NW.
- El Centro D.F.: Thinking of keeping it low-key, but still want some indulge in some good food and drink on New Year’s? El Centro (1819 14th Street NW) will have specials all day and night on December 31. From 11 am until 3 pm, the restaurant will feature a bottomless brunch (all you can eat and drink) for $35 per person. Then, starting at 5 pm, El Centro will host a three course prix fixe New Year’s Eve dinner, featuring a pre-dinner party, dinner and a DJ. For those who are less interested in food and more interested in a party, the rooftop gets going around 5 pm; there is no cover.
- Masa 14: Masa 14 (1825 14th Street NW) will also focus on entertaining with food this New Year’s Eve and will have two different dining and party options. From 5 until 9 pm, diners can choose three small plates and a dessert for $50 per person. Those looking to stay all night can choose three small plates, edamame, dessert and a drink for $70 per person. A DJ will provide the entertainment after 10 pm.
- Tropicalia: “From DC With Love” is how Tropicalia (2001 14th Street NW) will celebrate New Year’s Eve. The groove and funk music venue will host Empresarios, the Fort Knox Five and a samba dance performance by Zezeh Brazil and her troupe. The first 100 people through the door will get a free Fort Knox Five CD as well as party favors, hats and noisemakers. There will be a champagne toast at midnight and admission includes three premium drink tickets. The event runs from 9 pm until 4 am. Advanced tickets cost $40, tickets at the door are $60. For more information, visit the website.
- 9:30 Club: The Drive By Truckers will take the stage at the 9:30 Club on New Year’s Eve. Tickets are $55 and are available online. The music starts at 7 pm.
- MOVA Lounge: The countdown to the New Year at MOVA Lounge (2204 14th Street NW) will be one with the Divas; DJ Jason will keep everyone dancing. The first 100 people to RSVP will receive VIP entry and open bar from midnight to 1 am. Email infodc[AT]movalounge.com.
- The Brixton: “The Get Down: A Mod New Year’s Eve” is the name of the party. Tickets are $50 and are available online. The band US Royalty will be playing live and Baby Alcatraz will be spinning all night long.