The DC Department of Public Works (DPW) will observe Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday, January 21.
Sanitation services (including trash and recycling collections and street and alley cleaning) will be suspended for the day. However, parking enforcement for safety and “Emergency No Parking” restrictions will occur due to inauguration activities. All services will resume as scheduled on Tuesday, January 22.
- Trash and recycling collections in once-a-week collection neighborhoods will “slide” to the next day for the remainder of the week.
- In neighborhoods with twice-weekly trash collections, Monday and Thursday collections will be made Tuesday and Friday, and Tuesday and Friday collections will be made Wednesday and Saturday.
- DPW will suspend enforcement of expired meters, residential parking and rush hour lane restrictions.
- Booting and abandoned vehicle removal will be suspended.
- Ticketing and towing will take place for all safety restrictions, e.g., bus stops, driveways, hydrants, and crosswalks, and emergency no parking areas.
- Throughout the District, vehicles parked where “Emergency No Parking” signs are posted will be towed.
- Full enforcement resumes Tuesday, January 22.
For more information, visit the DC DPW website.