Borderstan’s Guide to Drink and Watch Super Bowl Sunday
From Kent Barnes. Follow him on Twitter @KentBarnes, email him at kent[AT]borderstan.com.
It’s that time of year again when more than 100 million Americans gather round the television with family and friends to watch the greatest sporting event of the year, the Super Bowl.
This year’s game brings added intrigue for local fans, as the Baltimore Ravens are one of the two teams vying for football glory.
Here’s everything you need to know to guarantee yourself an exciting Super Bowl Sunday:
Game Day Info
- The AFC Champion Baltimore Ravens take on the NFC Champion San Francisco 49ers
- Sunday, February 3 with kick-off around 6:30 pm.
- Watch the game on CBS (channel 29 in standard definition, 212 or 809 in high definition) with halftime entertainment by Beyonce.
Where You Can Watch
- Lucky Bar – Enjoy Bud Light pints for $3.50 or pitchers for $14, Yuengling pints for $4 or pitchers for $15, and a variety of food specials.
- Buffalo Billiards – Offering Miller Lite and Coors Light pints for $3.50, buckets of the same for $15, $4 bottles of Redds Apple Ale, and a chance to win a flat screen TV.
- The Front Page – Looking for variety? Partake in $21 beer towers, $3 Miller Lite and Yuengling pints, $5 Stoli & Fireballs, $7 Red Bull Vodkas, $6 food specials, and a raffle for a flat screen TV.
- Stoney’s – The perfect neighborhood bar on P Street.
- Judy’s Bar & Restaurant – Offering Happy Hour all night long starting at 6 pm. $3 beers, $5 rail drinks and $15 for Margarita pitchers. “Wear your jersey supporting your team in Super Bowl XLVII and the bartender will buy you a shot! (And remembering that Ethan is from California and a Niners fan, if you wear a Niners jersey you might even get a second shot out of him!)”
- Duffy’s Irish Pub – Gonna need a pitcher? Duffy’s is offering $12 Miller Lite pitchers, and $20 Blue Moon, Heineken, Ranger IPA, Loose Cannon IPA, and Yuengling pitchers.
- The Mad Hatter – Enjoy $5 food specials, $3 Bud Lights, and $5 fireball whiskey shots.
- Public Bar – Offering $3 Miller Lites and Coors Lights, $5 Redbull Vodkas, and other exciting giveaways.
- Touchdown – With a selection of selection of local, domestic, and imported beers.
- Nelly’s Sports Bar – The always fun crowd at the bar with multiple screens and the party starting at 6 pm.
- Solly’s Tavern – Enjoy $3 PBR, Budweiser, Bud Light and Miller Lites, $5 Ya-Hooo Shandies (half Bud Light, half Mountain Dew), “pit beef sammiches” for ravens fans and “mission style burritos” for 49er fans. More importantly, Solly’s will hold a raffle to benefit a friend of the bar who recently lost his mother and sister, and all his belongings in a Falls Church house fire. The raffle will include gift certificates, a gift basket, Wizards tickets, Capitals tickets, and more.
Get an RSS Feed for all Borderstan stories or subscribe to Borderstan’s daily email newsleter.