If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, then look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan February 1, 2 and 3.
Local Events, Exhibits and Nightlife
- Groundhog Day at Dupont Circle: Potomac Phil will decide, in front of a crowd, whether we will have six more weeks of winter or an early spring. The annual event will take place at the Dupont Circle Fountain starting at 7:30 am on Saturday, February 2.
- Super Bowl Sunday: Don’t forget about the big game this weekend. Borderstan’s Kent Barnes has the details on where to watch the game (and the specials) in the neighborhood and Borderstan’s Laetitia Brock prefers cheese over football.
- Washington Auto Show: This year’s auto show begins this weekend and it runs through February 10 at the Washington Convention Center (801 Mount Vernon Place). Borderstan readers get a discount.
- First Friday in the Art World: Friday, February 1 is First Friday for many local galleries. ArtSee recommends three local shows to attend, including ones at Hillyer Art Space, Studio Gallery and Hemphill Fine Art.
- LIVE! from Busboys: Open Mic & Talent Showcase: All performers (not just poets) can take the mic on Friday, February 1 from 11 pm until 1 am at the 14th and V NW location.
- Special “Inner Core” Event at Off Road Indoor Cycling: On Saturday, February 2, cyclers will have the option of getting off the bike and getting on the mat for a 90 minute yoga and pilates session. The time is from noon until 1:30 pm and the cost is $25. Sign-up is available online at www.offroaddc.com.
DC9 (1940 9th Street NW)
- Friday, February 1: Brett, MISUN, People In Cars, Djs OMG+Shamwell, 9 pm
- Saturday, February 2: Buke and Gase, Ahleuchatistas, Oh So Peligroso, 9 pm
Velvet Lounge (915 U Street NW)
- Friday, February 1: The Charlie Bucket Project, The Asylees, The Nice Trys, 9:30 pm
- Saturday, February 2: Price, FootWerk, Danny Ocean, 3Strikes, 9:30 pm
9:30 Club (815 V Street NW)
- Friday, February 1: The Vaccines, San Cisco, 8 pm
- Saturday, February 2: Corey Smith, Connor Christian and Southern Gothic, 8 pm
- Sunday, February 3: Kishi Bashi, Plume Giant, 7 pm
Black Cat (1811 14th Street NW)
- Friday, February 1: Zou Zou Revue Burlesque, 8:30 pm and 11 pm
- Friday, February 1: Midnite, The Archives, Proverbs, 8 pm
- Saturday, February 2: Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde Live!, 8 pm
- Sunday, February 3: Sunday Brunch featuring the Harlem Gospel Choir, 1:30 pm
- Friday, February 1: Jade Empire, 8 pm
- Saturday, February 2: Fort Knox Five, 7 pm