Now that we are in February, we can stop talking about New Year resolutions to eat better and exercise and all that good stuff, right? Let me be honest, what I *actually* also did this year is make a list of DC establishments that I absolutely must visit this year. By that, I don’t mean the new hot spots (and there are many!), but the DC institutions that I have not been to, the places that have history, the places that get people dreamy-eyed when they talk about them.
- Tabard Inn: I know, I know, I might be the only food lover who has not been to the Tabard Inn for brunch. Don’t judge. This will soon change.
- Komi: Impossible as it is to get a reservation, I will make it happen in 2013. I can’t usually justify high-end tasting menus, but I am really willing to make an exception for Komi. More so after eating at Little Serow, although the two are different in all possible ways.
- Florida Avenue Grill: I am a bit embarrassed to admit this one. But seriously, I have been meaning to go to this no frills, legendary DC establishment for a while now. I have to go for the fact that it is as big a DC institution as it can get! Or at least for the cornbread and the hotcakes.
- Restaurant Nora: Did you know that they were the nation’s first certified organic restaurant? Restaurant Nora was one of the earliest in the area to start on the organic, sustainable, local food movement and is known for their innovative food with high quality ingredients.
- Pasta Mia: After all the Soup Nazi style stories I have heard about this place, I should probably be scared away. But hey, I am going for one thing and one thing only — the home-cooked Italian pasta that people rave about!
- Lauriol Plaza: I am not sure about this one yet. I don’t drink margaritas, and I tend to stay away from loud, crowded, places. But I feel like everyone in the city has been here!
What do you think, any of these places on my list overrated? Any others I should add? Do you have any must-visits for yourself?