Starting Monday February 11, DGS Delicatessen in Dupont will debut a bar menu from Chef Barry Koslow and inventive cocktails from General Manager and Beverage Director Brian Zipin for Happy hour.
The Happy Hour Bar Menu will be available at the bar between 5 and 7 pm Monday through Friday and includes $6 wines by the glass, beer for $3 to $4 and cocktails for $7 to $9.
Incorporating elements of traditional Jewish cooking into a modern interpretation of comfort food bar bites, DGS is now offering a “smoked salmon tartare with Everything Aioli and Bagel Crunchies”.
• Pastrami Chili and Cheese Fries $6
• Smoked Salmon Tartare, Everything Aioli, Bagel Crunchies $5
• Fiery Brisket Balls, Roasted Garlic Yogurt (3 for $5)
• Chopped Liver, Rye, Gribenes $5
• Mini Grilled Tongue Reuben $4
• Nick’s Mixed Nutz (crispy chickpeas, smoked almonds and ras el hanout dusted walnuts) $4
• Genesee Cream Ale $3
• Tsingtao $4
• Mama’s Little Yella Pils $4
Wines by the Glass
• CHARDONNAY, Di Lenardo, Friuli, Italy $6
• GAMAY, Domaine Dupueble, Beaujolais France $6
• GRENACHE/SYRAH, Dauvergne-Ranvier, Luberon Vin Gourmand, Rhone, France $6
• SPARKLING ROSE, Weingut Gruber, Austria, $6
• COLOMBARD, Montgravet, France, $6
• LE MARAIS –Sparkling Rose, St. Germain, Orange Juice, Peychaud’s Bitters $7
• MEYER LANSKY SOUR — Small’s Gin, Meyer Lemon Juice, Regan’s Orange Bitters $7
• THE MENSCH — Old Overholt Rye, Regan’s Orange Bitters, Blood Orange, Sugar $7
• PICKLE BACK — Jameson, DGS Pickle Brine & a Genesee Cream Ale $9
• THE CHOSEN HIGHBALL — Cuba Libre, Flor de Cana White Rum, Coke, Lime
Borderstan reviewed DGS back when it opened. Pastrami Chili and cheese fries? See you there!