Some content from this article was originally posted by Jana Petersen in February 2012.
One thing is for sure: never underestimate the power of flowers on Valentine’s Day.
Sure, there are chocolates and jewelry and stuffed animals galore, but fresh flowers make the heart grow fonder.
There are plenty of shops in the neighborhood to pick-up flowers for your Valentine. Here are just some of the options:
- Flowers on 14th, 1712 14th Street NW
- Lee’s Flower and Card Shop, 1026 U Street NW
- Palace Florists, 1305 19th Street NW
- Caruso’s, 1717 M Street NW
- Whole Foods Market, 1440 P Street NW
And if you need to pick-up a little gift to go with those flowers, consider visiting some of the neighborhood’s local gift shops, such as:
And a homemade valentine from Brand Dave is always a good choice.