On Monday, February 18, the DC Department of Public Works (DPW) will observe Presidents’ Day.
Trash and recycling collections and parking enforcement will be suspended for the day; all services will resume Tuesday, February 19. The details are listed below.
- For those neighborhoods with once-a-week trash and recycling collections, services will “slide” to the next day for the remainder of the week.
- In neighborhoods with twice-weekly trash collections, Monday and Thursday collections will be made Tuesday and Friday, and Tuesday and Friday collections will be made Wednesday and Saturday.
- DPW will suspend enforcement of parking meters, residential parking and rush hour lane restrictions on Presidents Day.
- DPW will suspend towing abandoned vehicles.
- Enforcement resumes Tuesday, February 19.