If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, then look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan February 15, 16 and 17.
Friday, February 15
- Sip on the most expensive cocktail at Heist: On Friday and Saturday, Heist is celebrating the largest diamond heist on record this weekend. And what better way to celebrate than with three $1,500 cocktails mixed by Kristopher Carr? Each drink will contain a genuine loose diamond and a portion of the weekend’s proceeds will benefit Wake Up And Dream.
- BreakfastClub: Join DJs Adam Koussari-Amin and Khelan Bhatia on Friday, February 15, at Duplex Diner for an 80s Remix Dance Party. Just like they’ve done in the past, the duo will spin new wave, synthpop, one-hit wonders and 80s hits (and remixes). The party starts at 9 pm. For more information, visit the Facebook event page.
- Musical/entertainment options for the evening: Yo La Tengo’s sold-out show at the 9:30 Club is guaranteed to be a good one. The show starts at 8 pm. Don’t have tickets? Head on over to the Black Cat for a Burlesque and Variety show, instead. It’s $10; doors open to the first show at 8:45 pm. If you’re looking to dance, U Street Music Hall and Tropicalia both have booty-shakin’ line-ups for the evening. And MOVA and Cobalt have DJs and drink specials.
- DRGN KING at 9th and Beats: Go witness the musical marriage of Philly-based singer/songwriter and hip hop producer duo at Shaw’s new 9th and Beats Friday night. Tickets are $7, doors open at 7:30 pm.
Saturday, February 16
- Spend the afternoon in the Age of Enlightenment at the Corcoran: McLean High School students are turning the gallery into a time capsule. Travel back in time and enjoy the music and conversation of a salon from the Age of Enlightenment. The event runs from 1-4 pm and is free with museum admission.
- The Loving Market: The Loving Market will take place this Saturday, February 16, from 10 am until 8 pm at Epic Yoga (1323 Connecticut Avenue NW) and will feature a daytime pop-up shop, silent auction, art exhibit, panel discussion, craft-making activity and evening cocktail reception.
- Music at Velvet Lounge: If you’re in the mood for some live music, check-out the line-up at Velvet Lounge for Saturday night, including Lindsey Buckingham Palace, The Treading Lemmings and The Remaindermen.
Sunday, February 17
- Grab some brunch: Get you and start your day off with some eggs and a mimosa or two. Here are some favorite places the Borderstan contributors like to brunch.
- Burlesque at the Howard Theatre: Spice up your typical Sunday with this sexy evening at the Howard Theatre, featuring GiGi Holliday. Tickets are $15 and the show starts at 8 pm.