This week, Washingtonian‘s Todd Kliman gave readers an in-depth look at a new Southeast Asian restaurant planned for 14th Street NW.
And while we think you should definitely go read all of the details in the original article, we thought we’d give you the breakdown of Kilman’s piece, so you have an idea of what to expect.
- The Name: Doi Moi.
- The Location: 1800 14th Street NW (at S Street NW).
- The Boss: Mark Kuller, the mastermind behind Proof and Estadio.
- The Food: Dishes and flavors from Vietnam and Thailand.
- The Plans: Scheduled to open early summer. The location will expand to two buildings, one of which is the old Whitman-Walker clinic. Griz Dwight of Grizform Design is designing the space.
- The Details: The restaurant is inspired by Kuller’s eating tour of Southeast Asia. He is partnering with chef Haidar Karoum for the new venture.
Stay tuned to Borderstan.com for more information.