If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, then look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan March 8, 9 and 10.
Friday, March 8
- Party Like It’s 2000: Why is it that 80s and 90s dance parties have all the fun? On Friday night, the 9:30 Club will host a 2000s dance party, featuring DJs Will Eastman and Brian Billion of No Scrubs. The music starts at 9 pm.
- Story League All-Stars at Black Cat: The special anniversary show boasts of all new stories from Story League tournament winners. Doors open at 9 pm.
Saturday, March 9
- DC Whiskey Walk: The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend, so why not get out and walk… for whiskey? Stop for a drink at eight neighborhood pubs and donate some money to charity. Check the website for more information.
- Little Ethiopia Tour: DC Metro Food Tours will explore the U Street and Shaw neighborhoods to discuss and sample some of the city’s best Ethiopian cuisine. The tour goes from 10:30 am until 2 pm and costs $52. For more information on tickets and the tour, visit the website.
- MIXTAPE: DJs Shea Van Horn and Matt Bailer will bring their signature dance party to Black Cat on Saturday night. The alternative dance party is $10; doors open at 9:30 pm.
Sunday, March 10
- Gospel Brunch at the Hamilton on 14th Street: If you’ve already done the Gospel Brunch at the Howard and loved the experience, a venue just down the street hosts something similar. The show starts at 10:30 am and includes an all-you-can-eat brunch. Check out the amazingly soulful menu and the details on the website.
- Wonder Women! The Untold Story of American Superheroines: On Sunday, the Washington DC Jewish Community Center (1529 16th Street NW) will show a film that details the birth of Wonder Woman and how popular representations of powerful women often reflect society’s anxieties about women’s liberation. The event is free and starts at 3 pm.