If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, then look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan March 22, 23 and 24.
Friday, March 22
- Disclosure at U Street Music Hall: Fresh off South by Southwest, Disclosure is coming to DC on Friday with a concert at U Street Music Hall. The dance-pop duo plays at 10 pm.
- Fresh Fridays at MOVA Lounge: Start the weekend off right with drink specials ($4 vodkas) until midnight and music at MOVA (2204 14th Street NW). For more information, visit the lounge’s website.
Saturday, March 23
- Thomas Circle Singers’ Annual Charity Pops Concert and Gala: This year’s event promises jazzy songs, plus music from “A Little Night Music,” “Alice in Wonderland” and “The Simpsons.” After the music there will be a silent auction and refreshments. For more information, visit the website.
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival: It’s officially spring, which means only one thing in DC — cherry blossoms! The National Cherry Blossom Festival kicks off this weekend with the festival’s opening ceremony. The free event takes place from 5 until 6:30 pm at the Warner Theatre (513 13th Street NW).
- DC Beer Fest: This weekend is the inaugural DC Beer Festival at Nationals Stadium (1500 South Capitol Street SE). The two-day event (Saturday, March 23 and Sunday, March 24) will feature craft beer from local and national breweries, live music, games, DJs and some “surprises.”
- Demetri Martin at the 9:30 Club: Check out the hilarious comedians’ charts in person when Demetri comes to the District on Saturday night. The show starts at 6 pm; a late show will begin at 10 pm.
Sunday, March 24
- Grab some brunch: Get your friends and start your day off with some eggs and a mimosa or two. Here are some favorite places the Borderstan contributors like to brunch.
- Howard Gospel Brunch with Patrick Lundy and the Ministers of Music: Doors to this weekend’s Howard Gospel brunch open at 11:30 am; the show starts at 1 pm. Visit the website for details.
- DJ Keenan and DJ Smudge on the Marvin Rooftop: From 3 pm until 8 pm, check out this free show on Marvin’s rooftop (2007 14th Street NW).