If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, then look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan March 29, 30 and 31.
Friday, March 29
- Punk Rock Karaoke: You know you like karaoke. And you definitely like punk. On Friday night at the Black Cat, you can combine the two, while benefiting DC Books to Prisons. Tickets are $8; doors open at 9 pm.
- The Good Thing at Tropicalia: It’s time to get funky. From 8 to 10 pm, The Good Thing will play, complete with a three piece horn section. Tickets are $10; doors open at 7 pm.
- Cherry Blossom Lantern Walk: In case you didn’t know (insert sarcasm), it’s cherry blossom time in D.C. Why not skip the crowds and experience the blossoms and monuments by moonlight? National Park Service is offering a Lantern Walk on March 29 from 8 to 10 pm. Call 202-426-6841 for more information.
Saturday, March 30
- Blossom Kite Festival: The weather is supposed to be sunny and in the 60s on Saturday, so take a kite and some friends down to the National Mall for the city’s annual kite festival. If you don’t have a kite (or don’t want a kite), it’s a great place to people watch and catch some fresh, spring air. The festival runs from 10 am until 4:30 pm.
- New York City Ballet at the Kennedy Center: Accompanied by the New York City Ballet Orchestra, the New York City Ballet’s DC performance includes two signature mixed repertory programs.
Sunday, March 31
- Drumming Classes at BloomBars: Learn some skills so you can finally join that drum circle you’ve been watching in the park. Join Kristen Arant and Kweku Owusu for lessons at 1 pm at BloomBars (3222 11th Street NW).
- Gospel Brunch at the Howard Theatre: This week’s soulful brunch features Ayana McDonald. There is an 11 am brunch and a 2 pm brunch this weekend.