If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, then look no further. We have your list of the food, music and cultural events going on in (and around) Borderstan April 5, 6 and 7.
Friday, April 5
- Wilmer Wilson IV: the FOREVER Aftermath: This exhibit at Artisphere focuses on the aftermath of performance art. It runs through June 30 and is free.
- Cherry Blossom Lantern Walk: It’s still Cherry Blossom Festival time, and since the blossoms are not past their peak, it’s not too late to hit up the lantern tour. The walk runs from 8 to 10 pm. For more information, visit the website.
- DC House Showcase at U Street Music Hall: The evening includes Sam Burns, Dimitri Max, AGFA and Smudge. The event is $10 and begins at 10 pm.
Saturday, April 6
- Pearl Dive’s Crawfish Boil: Crawfish, cornbread and Louisiana beer — plus much, much more. Tickets are $65 and are available online.
- The Vagina Monologues: The sixth annual community performance of ” The Vagina Monologues” will take place April 6-7 at the GALA Hispanic Theatre (3333 14th Street NW). Saturday’s performance will take place from 3 to 4:30 pm.
- DC MEET Market: DC’s local vedor market kicks off its season this Saturday from 11 am to 5 pm at 15th and P streets NW.
Sunday, April 7
- A new list of brunch spots: Borderstan recently re-vamped its brunch list to account for all of the great, new places in the neighborhood. Check it out and bottoms up.
- Poetry in Bloom: Learn how to write poetry this Sunday from 5 to 6 pm with a lesson at BloomBars (3222 11th Street NW). The monthly poetry writing group facilitated by local teaching artists.