From Willis Shawver. Follow him on Twitter at @WShawver or email him at Willis[AT]borderstan.com.
The Internet is a big place and you can’t be expected to see everything. Don’t worry: Borderstan Missing Links are here to help. We’ve collected some highlights from the past week that you might have missed. Enjoy!
- Here are a few ways to help those affected by the Boston Marathon bombings. Donate through One Fund Boston, register to donate blood, or give through the Salvation Army.
- Don’t forget to vote next Tuesday. All you need to know about the special election. (DCGov)
- Bus and train operators not included in Metro anti-fatigue campaign. (Examiner)
- Filmfest DC facing budget shortfall, leaving 2014 festival in question. (CityPaper)
- WMATA considers several K Street and Georgetown streetcar options. (GreaterGreaterWashington)
- Seems worthwhile to me. Long lines at opening of Nordstrom Rack on 18th and L . (DCist)
- DC tourists have it easy. Cars are not required to get around the District. (UrbanTurf)
- Another DC food truck calls it quits. Pinup Panini says proposed regulations would hurt business. (DCist)
- Union workers for the DC government are looking at a 3 percent salary increase. Thanks, Mayor Gray. (NBC4)
- Developer moving forward with multipurpose 1,000-car parking garage in NE. (CityPaper)
- Surprise. Surprise. DC area rent prices rose more than rest of country. (Examiner)
- Update on the first tenant-owned rooming house in the District. (CityPaper)
- Check out this handy flowchart that tries to explain time-travel in movies. (Laughing Squid)
- The public has spoken. Gwyneth Paltrow named most hated celebrity. (DailyMail)
- Ever wondered what Barbie would look like without makeup? Wait no longer. (Jezebel)
- Relive your awkward years all over again. The top 30 all time coming-of-age novels. (ShortList)
- Famous athletes are just like us. Alex Ovechkin gets stuck in NOVA traffic. (The Washington Post)
- … And it looks like Ovechkin’s custom Mercedes is up for sale. (Cars.com)
- Beloved baseball pastime is under attack. Group calls for the end of the Wave at Nationals Park. (The Washington Post)
- “Bryce Harper vomits multiple times, gets four hits, is awesome.” Sometimes the headlines write themselves. (USAToday)