The fundraiser — which is the third largest for the school– helps Ross buy appropriate and updated books for its classrooms and library.
However, this book sale isn’t like most. Here’s how it works:
- Participants donate $25 to buy a book for the Ross library in honor of a loved one.
- The Ross PTA sends the honoree a letter informing them of the gift in their name. Letters are timed to arrive on Mother’s Day or Father’s Day, depending on the request of the buyer.
- Then, the PTA inserts a book-plate inscribed with the donor and honoree’s names in the book purchased.
- Ross students enjoy quality literature for years to come, and loved ones are honored!
Here’s when you can take part in “Buy-a-Book-for-Kids.”
Dates and Places
- Friday, April 26: 8 am to 9 am in front of Ross Elementary; 3 to 4 pm in front of Ross Elementary School, 1730 R Street NW.
- Saturday, April 27: 9 am to 4 pm in front of the 17th Street Safeway, Church and 17th Street NW.
- Sunday, April 28: 9 am to 1 pm at Dupont Farmers Market, Massachusetts Avenue and 20th Street NW.
- Monday, April 29: 8 am to 9 am in front of Ross Elementary; 3 to 4 pm in front of Ross Elementary.