Borderstan’s Missing Links from the Great Big Internet
From Willis Shawver. Follow him on Twitter at @WShawver or email him at Willis[AT]borderstan.com.
The Internet is a big place and you can’t be expected to see everything. Don’t worry: Borderstan Missing Links are here to help. We’ve collected some highlights from the past week that you might have missed. Enjoy!
- First DC clinic receives license to distribute medically prescribed marijuana. (DCist)
- Virginia transportation board to consider new highway west of Dulles. (WAMU)
- DC Government seizes almost $2.5 million from tax returns to offset unpaid parking tickets. (Examiner)
- Share the road. Illinois Avenue NW in Petworth to get new bike lanes. (CityPaper)
- Have you noticed less traffic in the District recently? You can thank sequestration. (DCist)
- Proposed design for Donald Trump’s luxury hotel in DC gets initial approval. (The Washington Post)
- Only two Metro board members report using public transportation every day. (Examiner)
- Twenty-seven area high schools rank in the top 500 in America. Two in the District. (WTOP)
- Development proposal for plot of land on Florida Avenue NW includes 200 micro units. (UrbanTurf)
- Drugs and stun gun found on Justin Bieber’s tour bus. Monkey remains captive in Germany. (Yahoo)
- Fresh off her selection as most hated celebrity, Gwyneth Paltrow named most beautiful. (CNN)
- Catholic church in Brooklyn gets with the times. Proclaims Jesus to be the “original hipster”. (Gawker)
- TLC, Marky Mark, and Kriss Kross all together on Oprah. Can you handle the awesomeness? (BuzzFeed)
- The now infamous University of Maryland sorority email writer resigns. (Gawker)
- A collection of trashy lingerie catalogues from the 1980s. Butts, bosoms and big hair. (RetroSpace)
- ESPN the Magazine rates the Redskins as the fifth worst drafting NFL team. (The Washington Post)
- Davey Johnson does push ups in the dugout. I hope to be as spry when I’m 70. (DCist)
- The Capitals rebound from a slow start to clinch Southeast division title, playoff spot. (ESPN)
- New college football playoff is officially named, College Football Playoff. (USAToday)
Random Picks of the Week
- Your random blog of the week… a cat dressed as a shark, riding a Roomba, chasing a duck… and your Moment of Zen.
Get an RSS Feed for all Borderstan stories or subscribe to Borderstan’s daily email newsletter.