From Katie Andriulli. Email her at katie[AT]borderstan.com and follow her on Twitter @kandriulli.
So, this weekend is the White House Correspondents’ Dinner, aka the only time you could potentially wait in line for the bathroom with Jaime Lannister, or fight for a cab with Olivia Pope, so try to be on your best behavior (and tweet any celeb sightings to me at @kandriulli so I can live vicariously).
Friday, April 26
- Drinking a beer next to a sword swallower: as awkward, or more awkward than it sounds? Find out tonight at the Bier Baron, when they play host to Philly’s Olde City Side Show at 9 pm. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door.
- Since 90s clothes are back in style for some unfathomable reason, it won’t be hard to pick out an outfit for tonight’s No Scrubs dance party at the 9:30 Club. Tickets are $20 and things kick off at 9 pm.
Saturday, April 27
- It’s not even Mayo yet, let alone Cinco de, but that doesn’t mean you can’t drink margaritas anyway. Enjoy eight different kinds at venues across Borderstan at the Margarita March which begins at noon today at Alero on U Street. Tickets range from $20 to $50, and a hangover is included.
- Completely terrify yourself about the onset of spring and the impending birdocalypse at a free screening of Hitchcock’s The Birds at the National Gallery of Art at 2 pm.
- Artist Kreg Kelley will have an opening reception for his spring art exhibition, “Memento Vivere,” from 6-10pm at MOVA Lounge. He will be displaying many new works, and donating a percentage of sales to City Dogs Rescue and the Trevor Project.
- Rooftops, drinks and interactive art abound at the soft-opening of Art Soiree’s Saturday Night Rooftop Fusion party tonight at 7 pm the Beacon Hotel. Entry is free with RSVP. More info here.
Sunday, April 28
- Learn how to make a Betty Draper-approved Mai Tai at Hank’s Oyster Bar’s cocktail class today at 4 pm. Tickets are $45 and space is limited, so call them at 202-462-4265 to reserve your spot.
- Indulge in some guilt-free shopping at Cause Philanthropub’s first ever Marketplace, which will feature food, drinks and local vendors. It’s free and runs from 2 to 5 pm.
Bonus! Monday, April 29:
- One of the best bars in Borderstan, Dodge City, celebrates its 3rd birthday tonight at 8 pm with $4 DC Braus, drink specials, DJ sets and delicious grilled meats all night long.