From Mathew Harkins. Email him at mharkins[AT]borderstan.com.
The DC Coffee Bike Crawl is back. This Sunday, May 5, join this leisurely ride through the city for their third event here in DC. The route will include stops at five different cafes along the way and is completely free to join.
The meeting place, and first café of the morning, will be Qualia Coffee at 9:30 am. The Crawl will leave Qualia at 10 am. and head to Pleasant Pops Farmhouse Market and Café. From there, the ride will continue on to Baked and Wired, The Coffee Bar, and will end at Big Bear Café.
Not only are these some of the best cafes in the city, but each one of them is locally owned. So you can enjoy great coffee, experience a great bike ride through the city, and support your community all at once.
The exact route is coming soon. In the meantime, links and addresses for each café are:
- Qualia Coffee: Petworth, 3917 Georgia Avenue NW
- Pleasant Pops Farmhouse Market and Café: U Street 1781 Florida Avenue NW
- Baked and Wired: Georgetown 1052 Thomas Jefferson Avenue, NW
- The Coffee Bar: Logan Circle, 1201 S Street NW
- Big Bear Café: Bloomingdale, 1700 First Street NW
For anyone traveling to the start point by Metro, the nearest station is Georgia Avenue/Petworth. For more information or to RSVP (though not required), check out DC Coffee Bike Crawl’s Facebook page.