From Sarah Griswold. Email her at sarahg[AT]borderstan.com
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, many of us need to start getting our celebratory plans in order. As we all know, holidays can be hectic when left to the last minute and you don’t want to look like you don’t have it together in front of mom.
Not to worry, we’ve got you covered fellow Borderstanis! I’ve got some of my personal favorite brunch spots as well as some more unique options and all with room for mom’s favorite breakfast cocktail — virgin or spiked of course.
- First up: Locolat Cafe. From 9 am to 3 pm, Locolat (1781 Florida Avenue NW) is offering buy 2 get 2 mimosas FREE, plus a special Mother’s Day waffle with shrimp and free chocolate all for $19. And trust me, the chocolates here are ah-mazing. You’re likely leaving with more than just one. Phone: 202-518-2570.
- Right around the corner at L’Enfant Cafe. Here they are giving your mother her first mimosa for FREE. Also, they just launched a brand new brunch menu that looks pretty délicieux! Brunch is served from 10 am to 3:30 pm. Phone: 202-319-1800.
Now on to something a little different.
- The Mansion on O Street. The museum collection rotates and changes daily, and includes art, musical and even written manuscripts for mom to browse. On Mother’s Day they are offering champagne brunch at $85 per person, international and regional foods with award winning desserts from 11 am to 4 pm. Your mom may choose to follow up brunch with afternoon tea at $45 per person from 3 to 5 pm. Phone: 202-496-2000.
- The Greenhouse at the Jefferson Hotel (1200 16th Street, NW). Starting at 7 am, running to 2 pm, the The Greenhouse is serving up a delectable four course brunch experience at $80 per person. Afternoon tea may also follow this brunch from 2 to 3 pm for $39 per person. Phone: 202-448-2300.
- Masa 14. If you are looking to keep mom’s mimosa full, Masa 14 offers a $35 per person unlimited prix fixe brunch with menu items ranging from breakfast pizza to chilaquiles to salted caramel and chocolate flan. Brunch is served 10 am to 3 pm. Phone: 202-328-1414.
Whatever your plans for Mother’s Day, here’s wishing you, and your mom a very special day together! Cheers!