Friday Links: Stuff You Might Have Missed
From Willis Shawver. Follow him on Twitter at @WShawver or email him at Willis[AT]borderstan.com.
The Internet is a big place and you can’t be expected to see everything. Don’t worry: Borderstan Missing Links are here to help. We’ve collected some highlights from the past week that you might have missed. Enjoy!
- DC taxi riders rejoice! All District taxis will accept credit cards by August 31st. (DCist)
- Cyber-attack cripples WTOP and Federal New Radio Web sites and infects users. (The Washington Post)
- The poor man’s Prince William visited DC on Thursday. Did you catch a glimpse? (DCist)
- Under proposed budget plan, Circulator bus fares could double in 2014. (The Washington Post)
- A collection of DC area farmer’s markets all on one map. How convenient. (Curbed)
- Waiting list for DC’s charter schools exceeds available spots. (WAMU)
- Nearly 19 million people visited Washington DC last year. (DCist)
- Hey thanks Volkswagen! German carmaker donates 10 million to National Mall restoration. (WAMU)
- If you’re reading this on your iPhone while riding the Metro, watch out! (The Washington Post)
- A historic account of what the Southwest DC waterfront could have been. (Atlantic Cities)
- You’ve taken the tour, now hear from the owner of the District’s smallest house. (UrbanTurf)
- Plans to turn former First Church of Christ in Adams Morgan into luxury hotel move forward. (The42Bus)
- Don’t get too attached to Randy, Keith, Nicki, and Mariah. Possible American Idol shakeup in works. (DigitalSpy)
- The rumors are true. Steve Carell will reprise Michael Scott role for the Office series finale. (TVLine)
- The most important infographic about breakfast that you will read today. (ShortList)
- Hooters offers guests free entrée when you bring your mom on Mother’s Day. (Yahoo)
- The Nats Jordan Zimmermann becomes MLB’s first six-game winner. (USAToday)
- Nope. Despite Verizon Center ad, a Tim Hortons will not be coming to the District. (The Washington Post)
- The New York Rangers even the series with the Capitals at two games apiece. (CBS Sports)
Random Picks of the Week
Your random blog of the week … in preparation for the movie, The Great Gatsby in 133 seconds … and your Moment of Zen.
Get an RSS Feed for all Borderstan stories or subscribe to Borderstan’s daily email newsletter.