Tuesday: Taste of Adams Morgan
If 14th Street’s growing variety of restaurants are not be enough for your culinary needs, then take a short walk north on Tuesday, May 21. Taste of Adams Morgan brings together neighborhood favorites to benefit Mary’s Center.
Mary’s Center provides health care, family literacy and social services to individuals whose needs too often go unmet by the public and private systems. Mary’s Center uses a holistic, multipronged approach to help each participant access individualized services that set them on the path toward good health, stable families, and economic independence. The Center offers high-quality, professional care in a safe and trusting environment to residents from the entire DC metropolitan region, including individuals from over 110 countries.
Taste Adams Morgan will start at 4:30 pm Tickets and donations are available here. Below the list of participants and a tasting map here.
- Meskerem – TBD
- Mellow Mushroom – bruschetta with feta and fresh basil, served on garlic toast points with a balsamic glaze; sweet or savory homemade pretzels
- Rumba Café – any happy hour appetizer, including avocado arepas (pictured right), tostones and yuca frita
- La Fourchette – TBD
- Madam’s Organ – TBD
- Bardia’s New Orleans Café – chicken wings, popcorn shrimp, catfish bites, beignets
- Bossa Bistro – TBD
- Chief Ike’s – TBD
- El Tamarindo – bean and cheese pupusas, chicken or cheese enchilada with mole poblano, corn tamale
- Millie & Al’s – slice of lasagna or pizza and jello shot (alcholic or non)
- Town Tavern – buffalo chicken sliders, guinness pickle chips
- Pi Pizzeria – mini margherita pizza, mini caesar salad
Get an RSS Feed for all Borderstan stories or subscribe to Borderstan’s daily email newsletter.