From Katie Andriulli. Email her at katie[AT]borderstan.com and follow her on Twitter @kandriulli.
I know I’m not alone in saying HELLO, THREE-DAY WEEKEND. If you happen to be stickin’ around, you’re in luck, because there is a surplus of fun things going on.
Friday, May 24
- Jazz! The free Jazz in the Garden series at the National Gallery of Art’s Sculpture Garden (7th Street and Constitution Avenue NW) marks the unofficial beginning of summer tonight from 5 pm – 8:30 pm
- New food! Since the city (in theory) should be emptying out, try your luck at one of Borderstan’s bajillion new restaurants, like Ghibellina (1610 14th Street NW), Piola (2208 14th Street NW), or B Too (1324 14th Street NW).
Saturday, May 25
- Bar Crawl! For charity, at a numer of Borderstan bars, kicking off at 4 pm at Tabaq (1336 U Street NW). Tickets are $15.
- Nerd comedy! Chris Hardwick of NerdiSt fame hits the 9:30 Club (915 V Street NW) tonight at 6:00 pm. Tickets are $25.
- Burlesque! NYC review “Burlesque-a-pades” comes to the Howard Theater (620 T Street NW) at 8 pm. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 at the door.
Sunday, May 26
- Crustaceans! Snag unlimited crabs and fixin’s from 12 pm – 5 pm at Policy (1904 14th Street NW). Tickets are $35.
- Swimming! Adult Swim hosts its first party of the summer today starting at 11 am at the Capitol Skyline Hotel (10 I Street SW). RSVP and more info here.
- Bar Games! Hinge sponsors an all-American BBQ at Jack Rose Tavern (2007 18th Street NW) from 6 pm – 10 pm, with BBQ, an open bar, matchmaking and more. Tickets are $48 in advance and $60 at the door.
- Live music! Grab a picnic and head to the West Lawn of the Capitol for the free annual National Memorial Day Concert, from 8 pm – 9:30 pm. More info here.
Monday, May 27
- Giving! Don’t forget what today’s all about. Consider giving back by volunteering, or donate to one of the many awesome organizations that serve our troops, veterans and their families, like the USO, Fisher House, Honor Flight and Companions for Heroes.