From Katie Andriulli. Email her at katie[AT]borderstan.com and follow her on Twitter @kandriulli.
Congratulations! You made it through one of the longest short weeks of the year. Reward yourself with booze on wheels, free museums, and fried chicken.
Friday, May 31
- You haven’t lived until you’ve sipped champagne out of a trailer. Veuve Clicquot’s airstream will help you cross this off your bucket list tonight when it’s parked outside the W Hotel (515 15th Street NW) from 5 to 10 pm.
- It’s going to be HOT so if you prefer to stay inside tonight, I won’t blame you. Just make sure you have some delicious beverages on hand. The Post has a good run-down of not-so-difficult to make cocktail recipes from local bars in case you want to give Sam Adams the night off.
Saturday, June 1
- Score free admission to Dupont and Kalorama’s best museums and hidden gems, including the Phillips Gallery, Dumbarton House, Heurich House and the Textile Museum, from 10 am to 4 pm today (and 1 to 5 pm Sunday) during the Dupont-Kalorama Museum Walk Weekend.
- Get all the bikes, beer, and bands you can handle at The Yards Park (355 Water Street SE), which plays host to New Belgium brewing company’s traveling Tour de Fat from 11 am to 5 pm.
Sunday, June 2
- Dupont’s GBD (1325 Connecticut Avenue NW) has been satiating the masses with their donuts and fried chicken for the past few months, and now they’re winning the brunch scene with their newly launched menu, featuring breakfast burritos, chicken and waffles, bottomless mimosas and rotating brunch punches.
- Eat dogs and help dogs at Vinoteca (1940 11th St NW), which is hosting a special hot dog BBQ today from 3 to 8 pm benefiting City Dogs rescue.