From Mathew Harkins. Email him at mharkins[AT]borderstan.com.
You’ve read the book and you’ve seen the movie(s), so now it’s time to “Get Your Gatsby On” with the Shaw Main Streets Roaring 20’s Bar Crawl. Happening this Saturday, June 8, from 1 to 7 pm, this is a fun way to explore your local bars and restaurants while also supporting the preservation and restoration of the Shaw neighborhood.
Organized by Shaw Main Streets, they promise “an afternoon of cocktails, friends, and fun, Gatsby-style.” This is the third bar crawl that Shaw Main Streets has put together and given the theme of the crawl, they encourage period costumes, though they are definitely not required.
Where To Be And What To Expect
There are six different locations participating in this event, all located in lower central Shaw. Each will have on hand signature drinks, cocktails and food specials. There will also be raffled prizes at each stop along the way.
The venues/arrival times are:
- 1 – 2 pm: Bar 7, 1015-1/2 7th Street, NW
- 2 – 3 pm: Queen of Sheba, 1503 9th Street, NW
- 3 – 4 pm: Old Dominion Brewhouse, 1219 9th Street, NW
- 4 – 5 pm: A&D, 1314 9th Street, NW
- 5 – 6 pm: The Passenger, 1021 7th Street, NW
- 6 – 7 pm: Penthouse 9, 1318 9th Street, NW
Tickets are $15 in advance and $25 at the event.
Purchase tickets for the bar crawl here.