The odd looking brick building at 1728 14th Street NW that used be the Granger warehouse is almost down. While the front facade looks almost normal from the street, the rear alley view tells a different story. The lot is slated to become a four-story, mixed-use retail and office space. Perseus Realty has been working on its demolition for the last couple of weeks — only the 14th Street brick facade is left.
The new building will be 35,000 square feet with the first two floors for retail and two more floors for offices.
Last year Robert Cohen, president of Perseus Realty told Borderstan, “The area is maturing and has lots of apartments and residences,” adding “Now the local population needs other services, and that is what we are hoping this renovated building will provide.” It is scheduled to be completed by the first quarter of 2014.