From Katie Andriulli. Email her at katie[AT]borderstan.com and follow her on Twitter @kandriulli.
Well, we made it another week is ending and we are ready to take upon the weekend.
Friday, June 21
- Will today be the best day of your life? Possibly, if you’re able to plant yourself at The Standard (1801 14th Street NW) early enough to partake in free beer courtesy of Thrillist. They’ll be footing the bill tonight as part of their “Greatest Day of Your Life” promotion.
- Bike around under the full moon then eat some (free!) ice cream at the BicycleSPACE Summer Solstice Firefly Ride and Ice Cream Social, which kicks off at 8 pm at the shop (1019 7th Street NW). Be sure to RSVP in advance so they know how much delicious ice cream to buy.
- Dress up in your best Stefon costume and go check out Seth Meyers (of SNL Weekend Update fame) live tonight at the Warner Theater (513 13th Street NW) at 8 pm. Tickets are $35.
Saturday, June 22
- Here’s yet another reason to day-drink today: ticket sales from today’s DC Bourbon Bash bar crawl will benefit the Lead the Way Fund, an organization that supports Army Rangers, veterans and their families. Tickets are $55, which will get you eight bourbon pours at bars in Dupont, check-in is at 12 pm at either James Hoban’s (1 Dupont Circle NW) or Buffalo Billiards(1330 19th Stree NW).
- Get your square-dance on (no, seriously) at The Great American Square Dance Revival tonight from 8:30 to 11:30 pm at St. Stephen & the Incarnation Episcopal Church (1525 Newton Street NW). Tickets are $5 at the door and you’re encouraged to bring your own drinks and snacks.
Sunday, June 23
- It’s going to be a beautiful day today (probably… I’m writing this on a Thursday, so, you know, meteorological predictions and all that) which means it’s patio time. Check out Borderstan’s own guide to patios in the neighborhood, and the always-solid Bitches Who Brunch ratings of patio brunches to steer you in the right direction.
- Be one of the first to check out The Sunshine District (2010 9th Street NW), a brand new live music/food/booze venue soft-opening on Saturday near the 9:30 Club.