If you want to support the Logan Circle Heritage Trail here is your opportunity. On Wednesday, June 26, Whole Foods Market on P Street will donate 5% of the store’s net sales.
At the same time, Logan Circle Community Association (LCCA) volunteers and Heritage Trail partners from Cultural Tourism DC will be at Whole Foods to tell customers about the new trail.
Two-and-a-half years in the making, the 15 signs that will mark the walking trail have been finalized and should be in the ground by the beginning of July at the latest. The trail will officially open on Saturday, July 13. There will be a public opening ceremony in the early afternoon in Logan Circle. After some time to explore the trail itself, a celebratory event will take place at the Studio Theater (1501 14th Street NW) from 5 to 7 pm. Local politicians, dignitaries and celebrities are expected to attend.
Stops on the Trail
The trail will have 15 stops in all, starting at the Jewish Community Center and ending at the Studio Theater. Other stops will include:
- St. Luke’s Church (1514 15th Street)
- “Automobile Row” (Church and 14th Streets)
- Whitman-Walker Clinic (1701 14th Street)
- Louise Hand Laundry (1404 12th Street)
- Korean Legation (15 Logan Circle)
- Mary McLeod Bethune House (1318 Vermont Avenue)
- Luther Place Memorial Church (1226 Vermont Avenue)
- National City Christian Church (5 Thomas Circle)
- What: Support Logan Circle Heritage Trail. Whole Foods Market will donate 5% of its net sales.
- When: Wednesday June 26, from 8 am to 10:30 pm
- Where: Whole Foods Market, 1440 P Street NW