(Updated at 2:30 p.m.) Live music will fill the air around Dupont Circle during D.C.’s own Fete de la Musique celebration.
The event, organized by Alliance Francaise and Dupont Festival, coincides with the worldwide holiday that first began in Paris in 1982.
Though the celebration started in France, musicians will perform several genres of music during the all-day performance.
There will also be an area for kids with lessons on creating musical instruments, calligraphy and face painting.
Attendees are encouraged to bring their own seating and arrive early.
Here’s the full setlist for the day:
- 11:00 a.m. Children’s songs with Gaspard
- 11:45 a.m. Story time with Madeline
- 12:45 p.m. Children’s songs with Gaspard
- 1:30 p.m. French songs with Jean-Jacques
- 2:15 p.m. French vintage songs with The Jennifer Scott Quartet
- 3:15 p.m. Brass Band music with the Brass Connection Band
- 4:15 p.m. Latin/Salsa music with El Clan DC
- 5:30 p.m. French songs with Jean-Jacques
- 6:15 p.m. Roots-rock/Americana music with Gramophonic
Photo courtesy of Dupont Festival